About Me

My photo
Blog take 2. Had a year off due to laziness, back now!

Saturday 22 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Well hello there dear readers, it's been a while. Is anyone still out there?!

Anyway, I apologise profusely for not updating this little section of the internet for AGES- I'd like to claim it's because I'm crazily busy, but truthfully, I've just been really lazy and the longer you leave something, the harder it gets to get back into it!

But do I have some treats for you this year! Not only do I have a few posts left over from the back end of last year which will be posted up here shortly, but I also have a Brand New 2011 Restaurant Challenge!

So what does this Challenge involve? Well to cut a long story short, I basically want to visit as many new restaurants (ie ones I haven't been to before!) in Leeds as I can this year. A list has been compiled and is below for your pleasure, and I am hoping to cross at least half of them off the list all year (money and fear of becoming clinically obese is what is preventing me from trying to squeeze them all in!)

It's strange; I always thought I was quite the restaurant guru in Leeds seeing as I love to eat out and do so fairly often, but I was shocked at how many restaurants I still have left to visit. Obviously I have my favourite places that I visit regularly, so I'm going to try to avoid these ones in favour of trying new ones. Sorry favourite restaurants! But fear not, I will continue to recommend you to everyone I meet!

So without further ado, here is the list (beginning at the start of Jan, so a couple of places are already crossed off and reviews/thoughts are on the way):

Restaurant Name/Location
Alea/ City Centre
Anthony's/ City Centre
Apna Dera/ Harehills
Brasserie 44/ City Centre
Brasserie Blanc/City Centre
Brooklyn/ City Centre
Ciao Bella/ City Centre
Corner Cafe/ Hyde Park
Cross Keys/ Holbeck
Da Marios/ City Centre
Distrikt/ City Centre
Diva Italiana/ Pudsey
Dough Bistro/ Headingley
Ego/ City Centre
Ephesus Mangal/ City Centre
Fairuz/ City Centre
Fazenda/ City Centre
Flying Pizza/ Roundhay
Fuji Hiro/ City Centre
Halikarnas/ City Centre
Hansa's / City Centre
Ho's/ City Centre
Jaipur/ Armley
James Martin (tbc)/City Centre
Jino's/ Headingley
La Grillade/ City Centre
Pera/ Roundhay
Little Tokyo/ City Centre
Livebait/ City Centre
L'Oranaise/ Hyde Park
Merkato/ City Centre
Mio Modo/ City Centre
Moorish/ Hyde Park
Mumtaz/ City Centre
No 3 York Place/ City Centre
Raja's/ Harehills
Red Chilli/ City Centre
Red Hot/ City Centre
Red Sea / Harehills
Reliance/ City Centre
Restaurant Bar & Grill/ City Centre
Rice/ Oakwood
Rico's/ Oakwood
River Plate/ City Centre
Safran/ City Centre
Sam's Chop House/ City Centre
San Carlo's/ City Centre
Sela/ City Centre
Sukhothai/ Chapel Allerton
Sweet Basil/ Oakwood
Tampopo / City Centre
Thai Edge/ City Centre
Thai Sabai/ Headingley
Tong Palace/ City Centre
Wasabi Teppanyaki/ City Centre
Viva / City Centre
Viva Cuba/ Kirkstall
Yo! Sushi/ City Centre

So that's what I've got so far. Feel free to recommend any others that aren't on the list (but bear in mind my list of places I have eaten is much longer!) and suggest which ones I should try first. Dining companions are welcome!

And Happy New Year! (below is Delia all sleepy and full after her Christmas dinner)

3 comments:

  1. Hi can I suggest you visit Cilantro Pan Indian, 378 Harrogate Road, Moortown. Just been there myself with the family, its a new venue, highly recommended.

    Thanks

    Tuhel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cat is absolutely gorgeous, I bet she is perfect for pest control. Great blog - try the blackhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your blog needs some time to read, when I have time, I will read it, some of it.
    I love food also. I am in Germany at the moment, I am from the UK. Last time I visited Leeds was to see a band at the Uni. I remember comparing prices of curry Kings Road London to Leeds. Do not need to tell you the results.
    Considerd Mackeral for your cat? Smaller Oily fish have less toxins as they are in the water for less time. Its a theory I heard, that sounds plausable. Fresh Mackeral has more Omega 3 and is cheaper and more sustainable.
    Great Blog Well done.

    ReplyDelete