About Me

My photo
Blog take 2. Had a year off due to laziness, back now!

Sunday 8 January 2012

28 for 2012



Inspired by many friends on Twitter (who are actually friends In Real Life as well, I'm not a complete hermit....) I have decided to write a list of 28 things to achieve in 2012. 28 because this year (this month in fact...leave a message for my address to send presents to) I turn 28 years old.

Other participants in this challenge include @vchelms and @wandapops (#30things), @georgianafleur (#27for2012) @ebsnare (#25for2012- baby!) and @liannejhare (#26for2012) At least I'm not the oldest.

The lovely Georgiana has already uploaded her list to her blog which can be found here; the rest will be added once I have links to them. Here is Lianne's list.

Anyway, without further ado, here is my 28 for 2012:


1. Get married! Plan to do this some time at the end of the year. Keep October free if you want to come. Oh and yes, before you ask, I do have a fiance.



2. Lose weight..get healthy...eat properly...stop being a fatty...the usual.

3. Quit smoking- I'm not really a "smoker" but I need to stop having the odd one or ten when drinking.

4. Knitting!- learned to knit last year thanks to the wonderful Yarnia (@Yarnia_Leeds) and I want to finish my scarf, my knitted cat and something from this book which is on its way to me now.

5. Pickle something. (something edible obviously)

6. Find an exercise I actually like doing and do it. Want to be doing 3 lots of proper exercise a week. I am too lazy and spend too much time sitting around because exercise=sweat and I cant really be doing with any of that. Trying a boxercise class tomorrow, eek.

7. Watch every single episode of Poirot. (got into it over Christmas, LOVE IT, last ever one is at the end of the year.)


8. Visit the Yorkshire Dales. Apparently they're lovely and are pretty close to Leeds and it's a crime that I've never been. Hmmm we'll see, I don't really like the Great Outdoors.

9. Go out with Daragh on a "date" every week. (Sorry, I know, it's cheesy)

10. Have a "no supermarkets" month. If it's easy, make it a no supermarkets life. Want to shop more at Leeds Market and farmers' markets and independent shops.

11. Stop buying fresh meat from Tescos. We live next door to Tescos. It's so easy and their meat is cheap but I somehow dont think the animals involved had a very nice life. And I dont trust things packaged in a "protective atmosphere." Mmmm chemicals.

12. Moisturise every day. (I am getting old. )

13. Have a dinner party. (ditto)

14. Visit somewhere new every month. A new town, or somewhere in Leeds I havent been before.

15. Blog weekly. Lucky you!!

16. Enjoy at least one hour of uninterrupted sustained silent reading (ha! remember that from school?!) every week.

17. Drink red wine. It made me vom when I was 17 and I havent really touched it since but apparently it's quite nice and I'm sick of looking like a twat for drinking white wine with red meat.

18. Cut out good recipes from my collection of 29389384092 food magazines and stick them in a nice book.

19. Plan and go on an amazing honeymoon. Haven't travelled properly for aaaaaages, want to go to some super cool places.

20. See a puffin. Because they are the best bird after penguins and I've seen penguins.



21. Go and see some local bands because I like gigs and bands and stuff and most of the gigs are free. Or at least under a fiver.

22. Stop using my credit cards. Cut the bastards up. Oh and increase my monthly payments to more than the minimum. Maybe this way I'll get a mortgage before I'm 86.

23. Clear the balance on those pesky store cards. (Why am I so useless with money?!)

24. Do the Transpennine Real Ale Trail. Trains. And pubs. And beer. Yes please.

25. Do something "cultural" every week. eg. cinema, theatre, art, music.....

26. Keep on top of all the boring admin stuff at work before I get myself into a big mess.

27. Get myself a Russian penpal so my degree isnt completely wasted.

28. Send a message in a bottle.

There you go! Follow the progress on twitter #28for2012 or read all about it on this blog. Which I have vowed to update weekly.

3 comments:

  1. The real ale trail looks fun, do you think people would sponsor us as a fundraiser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sponsored to drink?! Hell yes. Funds to my honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god... number 26. I need a PA so badly. Never mind that most decent PAs make more than I do.

    I am going to steal several of these. Esp. the Real Ale Trail. Let me know when and we can do it together!

    ReplyDelete